Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Peace again!

I had so much fun painting the alien, I wanted to do it again! So, I thought, why don't I redo the "Power of love." I was able to fix up the body a lot and create a composition I feel is a lot more beautiful. This one came out a lot more sentimLental. There is a message behind this piece. I was a missionary for the LDS church in Baltimore Maryland for two years. During my time there I ran into a lot of homeless people, they seem to flock around missionaries. As missionaries, we are pretty broke and don't have much to give - but what I believe is that the power of love is also the power to change. This man will struggle to change, until he really feels that love from either God or his fellowmen. With all the hatin going around, things aren't going to get any better. (He still has his agency ;))

Oh, the watercolor texture was found on this link.... http://lostandtaken.com/blog/2009/4/30/25-free-high-res-watercolor-textures.html.

Thanks! Please leave any comments or critiques. Please follow as well by joining the site, lots more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment